from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Existing or coming before another or others in time, place, rank, or sequence; previous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring before or in front of something else, in time, place, rank or sequence.
- v. Present participle of precede.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Going before; -- opposed to following.
- adj. In the direction toward which stars appear to move. See Following, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
- adj. existing or coming before
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The term preceding the Commencement of 1799 was especially stormy.
The recognition of Conversion, in fact, requires us to admit that, formally, in a logical proposition, the term preceding the copula is subject and the one following is predicate.
Label (render the label preceding the above, wrapped in a tag
Yet UN officials said this epidemic was unexpected, attempting to excuse their slow response and failure to quarantine the zone where cholera broke out - even as they took credit in preceding months for preventing a postearthquake outbreak of infectious disease.
Now, if you hate writing short stories, most of the preceding is probably irrelevant to you.
I'd guess most of the contributors to this blog are men, and (from what I've already read in preceding posts) I don't think it's necessary to ask you to set one-on-one time aside for each of your kids.
Each passage, let it be noted, solves a problem posed in preceding stanzas.
Indiana Jones name shall have very good effect but only on Indiana Jones Fan for some reason if somebody didn't like Indy in preceding films then bam this is a big NO to them
The preceding is an excellent example of the ridiculous hold that “energy independence” maintains over American political discourse.
Safety and services that come long before items such as, but not limited to, those listed in preceding posts.