from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A test for young, untried hunting dogs to determine their competence in pointing and retrieving.
- noun A trial of a new product in actual situations of use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
contestbetween gun dogs
- noun A
practical test, especially one conducted in the wild
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a test of young hunting dogs to determine their skill in pointing and retrieving
- noun a contest between gun dogs to determine their proficiency in pointing and retrieving
- noun a test of the performance of some new product under the conditions in which it will be used
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.