from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A wheel or portion of a wheel placed horizontally over the forward axle of a carriage to provide support and stability during turns.
- noun A similar device over the rear axle or axles of a tractor or pickup truck, serving as a coupling for a semitrailer.
- noun An additional wheel carried on a four-wheeled vehicle as a spare.
- noun An extra and unnecessary person or thing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A type of
trailer hitch, which consists of a horseshoe-shaped plate on a multi-directional pivot, with a locking pin to couple with the kingpinof a truck trailer.
- noun A very large
truck trailer; an 18-wheeler.
- noun A very large trailer that is towed with a
- noun idiomatic Anything
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a steering bearing that enables the front axle of a horse-drawn wagon to rotate
- noun someone or something that is unwanted and unneeded
- noun an extra car wheel and tire for a four-wheel vehicle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.