from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wheel or portion of a wheel placed horizontally over the forward axle of a carriage to provide support and stability during turns.
- n. A similar device over the rear axle or axles of a tractor or pickup truck, serving as a coupling for a semitrailer.
- n. An additional wheel carried on a four-wheeled vehicle as a spare.
- n. An extra and unnecessary person or thing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of trailer hitch, which consists of a horseshoe-shaped plate on a multi-directional pivot, with a locking pin to couple with the kingpin of a truck trailer.
- n. A very large truck trailer; an 18-wheeler.
- n. A very large trailer that is towed with a pickup truck.
- n. Anything superfluous or unnecessary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a horizontal wheel or segment above the fore axle of a carriage and beneath the body, forming an extended support to prevent careening.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a steering bearing that enables the front axle of a horse-drawn wagon to rotate
- n. someone or something that is unwanted and unneeded
- n. an extra car wheel and tire for a four-wheel vehicle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.