from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. Having a narrow borderline of another tincture.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. Having a fringed border; fimbriate.
  • adj. Having a very narrow border of another tincture; -- said esp. of an ordinary or subordinary.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • Fringed.
  • In heraldry: Bordered or edged with a narrow band on all sides.
  • Less properly, edged along one side only, as the St. Patrick's saltier in the British union jack. Also fimbriate and edged.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.