from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A device, such as a siren, used in announcing the outbreak of a fire.
- noun The signal, especially the noise, produced by such a device.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An alarm of fire.
- noun A mechanical apparatus for giving a signal or alarm of fire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An
electromechanicalor electronic bell, klaxon, chime, horn, speaker, strobe lightor other device which warns people in a building of a possible fireor other condition requiring evacuation.
- noun The
soundor other warning made by a fire alarm.
- noun firefighting An emergency response to a fire by the
fire departmentwith manpower and equipment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a shout or bell to warn that fire has broken out
- noun an alarm that is tripped off by fire or smoke
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
fire + alarm
Sorry, no example sentences found.