from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An organized body of firefighters.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An organized body of firemen belonging to a particular town or district.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun firefighting, US A group of people within a
corporationor industrialsite, organized for the purposeof putting out fires, usually in addition to their normal job.
- noun firefighting, UK An organization, often part of a
local government, whose purposeis preventingand putting out fires.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a private or temporary organization of individuals equipped to fight fires
- noun British name for a fire department
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.