from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The line of positions from which fire is directed at a target.
- n. The forefront of an activity or pursuit; the vanguard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The line from which soldiers fire their weapons at a target; especially the front line of troops in a battle
- n. A row of shooters
- n. The vanguard of an activity
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the most advanced and responsible group in an activity
- n. the line from which soldiers deliver fire
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.