from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The line of positions from which fire is directed at a target.
- noun The forefront of an activity or pursuit; the vanguard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun military The line from which soldiers fire their weapons at a target; especially the front line of troops in a battle
- noun A row of
- noun idiomatic The
vanguardof an activity
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the most advanced and responsible group in an activity
- noun the line from which soldiers deliver fire
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.