from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun plural A scene or condition of complete disorder or ruin.
- noun plural Great clutter or jumble; a total mess.
- noun plural A place or scene of bloodshed or carnage.
- noun plural A scene or condition of great devastation.
- noun plural A slaughterhouse.
- noun plural Archaic A meat market or butcher shop.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a
sceneof great disorderor ruin
- noun a great
- noun a
sceneof bloodshed, carnageor devastation
- noun a
- noun archaic a
- verb Third-person singular simple present indicative form of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a condition of great disorder
- noun a building where animals are butchered
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
In the defense of droopy faced Christine, her life is in shambles from the start.
Obama, as did Reagan, inherited an economy in shambles, and it will take a few years to get the rate down.
An educational system based on survival of the fittest competition now in shambles:
The State budgets are in shambles and taxes and fees are going though the roof, the federal debt is at a record of near 13 trillion dollars.
I don't see an argument here that the economy was in shambles until Dole and Gingrich took power in the Congress.
BRIEF SYNOPSIS: With his life, and mind, in shambles after an industrial accident, Edgar Freemantle retreats to an island in Florida, where both the island, and Edgar, are deeper and darker than he had imagined.
If I take up space here writing all the other theories that were once, supposedly, absolute and the foundation of all knowledge and which are now tottering if not in shambles, I'll say nothing else.
The GOP is in shambles, I LOVE IT! annie against biased news
With the private sector in shambles, the Federal government is the only one with enough juice left to fix anything.
I mean, hell, if I was accused of molesting children, had a face falling apart, a career in shambles, and had become a mockery of my former self, I'd be on drugs too.