from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Willful or malicious damage or destruction of the property of another.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The conduct of Vandals.
- noun [lowercase] Wilful or ignorant destruction of artistic or literary treasures; hostility to or irreverence or contempt for what is beautiful or venerable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The spirit or conduct of the Vandals; ferocious cruelty; hostility to the arts and literature, or willful destruction or defacement of any object of beauty or value.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Willful damageor destructionof any propertywith no other purpose than damage or destruction of said property.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun willful wanton and malicious destruction of the property of others
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The term vandalism, meaning wanton destructiveness, comes from the name of the Vandals.
In short, the term vandalism is overly broad, and will very likely be applied to content that is simply to the dissatisfaction of existing editors, regardless of its accuracy or validity.
Mr. Hermannn says that since 2006, North Mara has lost up to $25 million of property and gold ore to what he described as vandalism by locals.
Mr Hermannn says that since 2006, North Mara has lost up to $25 million of property and gold ore to what he described as vandalism by locals.
I almost died laughing at this pathetic fiction but suppose its to be expected - the truth that these destructive beasts ripped them from trains in orgies of vandalism is obviously too politically incorrect to swallow.
So one cannot alter an act of graffiti/vandalism if that graffiti/vandalism is associated with a particular group (in this case gays).
Of course, vandalism is vandalism and much more if a hate crime.
Once they convince themselves that the threats, epithets, spittle, and vandalism is the work of “left wing plants” all we can do is wait until they run afoul of law enforcement and get locked up.
OF COURSE vandalism is not a problem on Wikipedia.
When vandalism is included, the number of incidents for SY2005-06 is 205, an increase of 65 over the previous year -- or a 32% increase.