from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having the toes separated from one another, as in the feet of certain mammals.
- noun A mammal, such as a bear, dog, or cat, that has such toes.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Cloven-footed; having the toes cleft.
- Specifically, of or pertaining to the Fissipedia.
- noun A fissiped animal; specifically, one of the Fissipedia: opposed to pinniped.
- noun Also written
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Having the toes separated to the base. [See
- noun (Zoöl.) One of the Fissipedia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having the
toesseparated from each other
- noun An
animalthat has such toes
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun terrestrial carnivores; having toes separated to the base: dogs; cats; bears; badgers; raccoons
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.