from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the toes separated from one another, as in the feet of certain carnivorous mammals.
- n. A carnivorous mammal, such as a bear, dog, or cat, that has such toes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the toes separated from each other
- n. An animal that has such toes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the toes separated to the base. [See aves.]
- n. One of the Fissipedia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cloven-footed; having the toes cleft.
- Specifically, of or pertaining to the Fissipedia.
- n. A fissiped animal; specifically, one of the Fissipedia: opposed to pinniped.
- n. Also written fissipede.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. terrestrial carnivores; having toes separated to the base: dogs; cats; bears; badgers; raccoons
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.