from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that suits or fits.
- n. A thing fitted to another in order to accomplish a specific purpose.
- n. An item of permanent furniture or equipment.
- n. The act of furnishing with fitments; an instance of such an act.
- n. The categorisation of an employee, for the purpose of calculating salary or allowances.
- n. The proper positioning and orientation of a thing for it to serve its designed purpose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of fitting; that which is proper or becoming; equipment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of fitting, or that which has been fitted or serves as a fitting; a fitting.
- n. A fit, suitable, or proper thing; something adapted to a purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the items furnishing or equipping a room (especially built-in furniture)
We still call it prototype as we feel the fitment is a little off for the US Spec cars with the charcoal canister.
People accept new ideas with great difficulty, and my only hope is that they may grow to accept the idea of fitment furniture through finding the idea a product of their own; a personal discovery that comes from their own needs.
The Profi-fit wheel is said to bring benefits for manufacturers of off-highway vehicles, including easier tyre fitment, which is less likely to damage tyres, and a lighter-weight design that has not compromised the wheel's strength and durability.
In the case of profit-making CPSEs, the fitment is a uniform 30\%.
_A prettily designed "fitment" runs along the left-hand wall and the further wall, taking in the fireplace and doors as part of its scheme.
Getting the right offset for your particular application is 90 percent of successful custom wheel fitment.
This helps prevent fitment problems, Simpson says.
The industry newspaper said that diesel engines were discussed, and that the first fitment would likely be the 2012 Saab 9-3.
Too bad for Frank, Advan released news of the Advan RZ for BMW fitments and even better, an E82 specific fitment.
We even thought about trying to fit the aggressive sizing Advan RS (fitment meant for the E90 3 series).