from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various trees having brilliant red flowers, especially the royal poinciana or the Australian bottle tree Brachychiton acerifolius.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The Nuytsia floribunda of western Australia, a loranthaceous tree with numerous brilliant orange-colored flowers. Also called
- noun The Sterculia acerifolia of New South Wales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun botany Any one of several trees or shrubs with yellow or bright red flowers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun showy tropical tree or shrub native to Madagascar; widely planted in tropical regions for its immense racemes of scarlet and orange flowers; sometimes placed in genus Poinciana
- noun a terrestrial evergreen shrub or small tree of western Australia having brilliant yellow-orange flowers; parasitic on roots of grasses
- noun south Australian tree having panicles of brilliant scarlet flowers
- noun north Australian tree having white flowers and broad leaves
- noun tropical American thorny shrub or small tree; fragrant yellow flowers used in making perfumery
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
flame + tree
Sorry, no example sentences found.