from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A game in which the players catch raisins out burning brandy, and swallow them blazing.
- n. The thing thus caught and eaten.
- transitive v. To swallow whole, as a flapdragon; to devour.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A play in which the players snatch plums, raisins, or other things out of burning brandy or spirits, and swallow them; snapdragon; also, the materials for the game.
- n. A plum, raisin, or other thing to be snatched from the burning liquor in playing flapdragon. See the extracts.
- To swallow at one gulp; snatch and devour, as in the play of flapdragon.
Sorry, no etymologies found.