from The Century Dictionary.
- To swallow at one gulp; snatch and devour, as in the play of flapdragon.
- noun A play in which the players snatch plums, raisins, or other things out of burning brandy or spirits, and swallow them; snapdragon; also, the materials for the game.
- noun A plum, raisin, or other thing to be snatched from the burning liquor in playing flapdragon. See the extracts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb obsolete To swallow whole, as a flapdragon; to devour.
- noun A game in which the players catch raisins out burning brandy, and swallow them blazing.
- noun The thing thus caught and eaten.
Sorry, no etymologies found.