from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of flavor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality produced by the sensation of taste.
- n. A substance used to produce a taste. Flavouring.
- n. A variety of tastes attributed to an object.
- n. The characteristic quality of something.
- n. A kind or type.
- n. In physics, a term used to name the six types of quarks (top, bottom, strange, charmed, up, and down) or three types of leptons (electron, muon, and tauon).
- v. To add flavouring to something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. same as flavor, v. and n..
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- n. (physics) the six kinds of quarks
- n. the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
- v. lend flavor to
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This leg of lamb was cooked off the bone, unlike traditional methods, but the potential loss in flavour is more than made up for with a black olive and fresh oregano rub inside and out.
She wanted something that would act as a catalyst to change within the dish, what she calls a "flavour bomb."
Drink from the right glass - all the depth and complexity of what we call flavour actually comes from the aroma rather than the taste of food and drink.
The best wines, I have tasted, are characterized by intensity and depth and there is a feeling that these wines are very big in flavour and character with pronounced fruit and sweetness.
My favourite frosting flavour is definitely chocolate .. the darker and more intense, the better!
Good day and love that apron!! im an upcoming cake decorator starting my home based company soon and would absolutely with no doubt wear that apron with pride!!! to pick one flavour is hard but I will wing it.
Cream cheese frosting with pineapple flavour is my favourite.
Marinating it over night for even more flavour is a good idea! alice on
This dish may be simple but full in flavour and perfect for any special occasion.
I have no choice but to admit it … grin … my favorite cheesecake flavour is just PLAIN!