from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The incoming or rising tide, occurring between the time when the tide is lowest and the time when the following tide is highest.
- noun A large or increasing amount.
- noun The peak or climax.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The rising tide. See
flood, n., 4, and tide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the
periodbetween low tideand the next high tidein which the seais rising
- noun by extension the highest point of something; a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the occurrence of incoming water (between a low tide and the following high tide)
- noun the highest point of anything conceived of as growing or developing or unfolding
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.