from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or resembling fumes or smoke.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing smoke; smoky.
- adj. Producing fumes; full of fumes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fumy; producing fumes or eructations.
- In botany, smoke-colored; fuliginous; gray changing to brown.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
And the firmness of the formous of the famous of the fumous of the first fog in Maidanvale? —
Hence the lungs do not inspire sufficient air to mitigate the innate heat of the heart, and the heart fails to purify itself of the fumosity or fumous vapors generated in itself.
If a too fumous wine confounds at length thy brain --
"And now, gentlemen," said Clifford, as soon as the revellers had provided themselves with their wonted luxuries, potatory and fumous, "let us hear your adventures, and rejoice our eyes with their produce.