from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Australian cockatoo (Cacatua roseicapilla) having pale blue-gray plumage and a pink breast.
- n. Australian A fool; an idiot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pink and grey species of cockatoo, Eolophus roseicapilla, native to Australia.
- n. A fool, an idiot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose hair is shaven, namely, a Roman Catholic priest. The term is now applied by Jews to all Gentile clergymen.
- n. The Australian rose-breasted cockatoo, Cacatua roseicapilla.
You people who listened to the previous government and fixed your interest rates due to the fact that some 'galah' stated that interest rates would rise under a Labor Government, well thats your own fault and no-one elses.
And Jay Rose is madder than a drongo in a dingo's hem de hem: "It's" galah ", not" galaha ".
The galah turned into a narrow, low-ceilinged corridor.
"Sham, all sham, " the galah insisted, 'to cover their activities.
The galah flew toward the ceiling, called anxiously down to them.
It let out a soft gurgle, choking on its own blood, and made a last desultory swipe at the hovering Mowara which the galah avoided easily.
In the light of a waxing moon, they followed the galah across the open slate roof past planters filled with sleeping blossoms of unknown type toward an arched doorway of peculiar design.
With elected leaders like this galah it's little wonder your lot lost an entire empire!
Agricultural use has also allowed galah (Cacatua roseicapella) to invade from arid regions, but galahs ringbark trees and may be contributing to woodland decline.
Both galah and drongo are apparently types of birds, but also slang for idiot.