from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To bring or come down; descend.
- v. To concentrate; attend.
- v. To depress; discourage; fatigue.
- v. To swallow.
- v. To relax and enjoy oneself completely; be uninhibited in one's enjoyment.
- v. To duck or take cover, usually to avoid harm. Commonly used as a caution or warning in the imperative.
- v. To dance with abandon.
- v. To leave the table after dining.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking
- v. take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- v. lower someone's spirits; make downhearted
- v. alight from (a horse)
- v. lower (one's body) as by kneeling
- v. put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- v. move something or somebody to a lower position
Sorry, no etymologies found.
After some careful deliberation during which Lisa says, I dont know if Im ready just yet, meaning I dont want you to stop liking me if I sleep with you and interpreted, incorrectly, by Louis as Im not sure if I am sexually attracted to you, they finally get down to it.
We get down to Riverside, around 84th Street, coming upon the massive rock right next to a playground, what could almost be called a crag if it was a little bigger and sharper.
The fact is that most of us will never get down to a size 4—let alone the model-thin sizes of 0 or the more absurd 00, the size below size 0—no matter how much we work out or how healthfully we eat.
Whilst I was disembarking his men, a knight belonging to Lord Erard of Brienne, named Plonquet, attempted to get down from the big ship into the dinghy, but the dinghy sheering off, he fell into the sea and was drowned.
Robyn the Reno High cheerleader proceeded to show me a whole new way to get down with the monster.
"If it's you she wants, Mirrim, get down there before she hurts herself!" said F'lar, who had by now reached the scene, Lessa beside him.
Pa would get down on his back on the floor, creakingly and with many groans, and Jim, the oldest [boy], would issue orders.
The soldier sitting beside the driver had to get down sev - eral times to see where it was.
Now, before I go, I need to tell you to get down to the PD tomorrow and give a statement regarding Scott Mason.
Munir Akram, the smooth-as-silk Pakistani perm rep, was saying that it was time to get down to line-by-line negotiation, and other Third Worlders were as well.