from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A bar or saloon.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A low tavern or saloon where spirit is retailed.
- noun A cotton-gin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A commercial establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter; a barroom; -- a disparaging term suggesting a cheap or disreputable bar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun archaic, derogatory A
tavernthat serves gin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter
- noun tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms; often provides light meals
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.