from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a smooth, glazed or glossy surface, such as certain silks or leathers.
- adj. Coated with a sugar glaze; candied.
- transitive v. To glaze.
- transitive v. To candy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a glossy surface
- adj. coated with sugar; candied or crystallised
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Smoothly coated with icing or crystals of sugar; iced; glazed; -- said of fruits, sweetmeats, cake, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Iced; glossed; glossy; lustrous: as, glacé fruit; glacé silk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used especially of fruits) preserved by coating with or allowing to absorb sugar
French, from past participle of glacer, to glaze, freeze, from Old French, to freeze, from Latin glaciāre; see glaciate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French from glacer, to glaze or freeze (Wiktionary)