from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A list of often difficult or specialized words with their definitions, often placed at the back of a book.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A collection of glosses or explanations of words, especially of words not in general use, as those of a dialect, a locality, or an art or science, or of particular words used by an old or a foreign author; a vocabulary or dictionary of limited scope.
- noun Synonyms Dictionary, Lexicon, etc. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A collection of glosses or explanations of words and passages of a work or author; a partial dictionary of a work, an author, a dialect, art, or science, explaining archaic, technical, or other uncommon words.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A list of
termsin a particular domain of knowledge with their definitions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an alphabetical list of technical terms in some specialized field of knowledge; usually published as an appendix to a text on that field
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Middle English glosarie, from Latin glōssārium, from glōssa, foreign word; see gloss.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin glossārium, from γλῶσσα (glossa, "tongue").
Sorry, no example sentences found.