from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To grind or strike (the teeth, for example) together.
- transitive verb To bite (something) by grinding the teeth.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To snap, grate, or grind (the teeth) together, as in anger or pain.
- To snap or grate the teeth together, as in rage or pain.
- noun A snap; a sudden bite.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To strike together, as in anger or pain.
- intransitive verb To grind or strike the teeth together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
grindone's teethin painor in anger.
- verb Geordie To
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb grind together, of teeth
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Even standalone flashplayers like "gnash" can't even play these files.
* Another right-wing myth vanishes inton the ozone: Conservative bloggers and far-right GOP Senators see Inhofe, James gnash teeth as an independent review concludes the fake "climategate" scandal was much ado about nothing and scientists didn't manipulate any data to fake global warming.
If he were to propose a resolution proclaiming puppies are cute, the righties would scream and gnash their teeth like the world was coming to an end.
Unlike previous work by Gleason, these paintings do not care for subtlety, they leap and gnash and would likely hurt if you touched them.
So if you get rejected, absolutely go ahead and get pissed off, cry, gnash your teeth.
He stripped down to his drawers in measured motions that made her want to gnash her teeth with frustration, but when he finally shucked them, too, she caught her breath.
Sweat beaded over his skin, and he had to gnash his teeth to keep them from chattering.
** So don't roar your terrible Author-roars! and gnash your terrible Author-teeth! and roll your terrible Author-eyes!
Sometimes I tear at my hair and gnash my teeth over producing the content, but knowing that people like you appreciate my hard work goes a long way.
There are times I want to bash my head against the wall and I gnash my teeth and wail through the process.