from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A musical note, especially an appoggiatura, that is added as an embellishment, and is printed in small type and not counted in rhythm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A musical note written in smaller print, with or without a slash through it, to indicate that its note value does not count as part of the total time value of the measure.
- n. Concerns of secondary importance to that which is of primary concern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an appoggiatura. See Appoggiatura, and def. 11 above.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, a grace; especially, an appoggiatura. See grace, 6.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an embellishing note usually written in smaller size
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.