from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A musical line in the bass that is continually repeated throughout the composition.
- n. A composition in which such a line appears.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The repetition of a bassline or harmonic pattern as the basis of a piece underneath variations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. fundamental base; a fundamental base continually repeated to a varied melody.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short melody in the bass that is constantly repeated
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.