from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The floor of a building at or nearest ground level.
- noun Informal The beginning of a venture, especially regarded as a position of advantage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The floor of a
buildingclosest to ground level; first floor(US)
- noun informal The initial stage of a project
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective on the floor closest to level with the ground
- noun the floor of a building that is at or nearest to the level of the ground around the building
- noun becoming part of a venture at the beginning (regarded as position of advantage)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.