from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of several terrestrial squirrels of the genus Spermophilus of Eurasia and North America, most of which live in burrows and hibernate during the winter.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A terrestrial squirrel-like rodent, as one of the genera Spermophilus and Tamias: especially applied in the United States to species of the latter genus, as Tamias striatus, the hackee or chipmunk.
- noun An African squirrel of the genus Xerus. Sclater.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of various squirrel-like borrowing
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of various terrestrial burrowing rodents of Old and New Worlds; often destroy crops
- noun small striped semiterrestrial eastern American squirrel with cheek pouches
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.