from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun plural Pains in the limbs and joints of children or adolescents, often attributed to rapid growth but arising from various unrelated causes.
- noun plural Emotional difficulties that occur during adolescence.
- noun plural Problems that arise in the initiation or enlargement of an enterprise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
generalizedpains in the limbsor jointsof adolescents(from many causes)
emotionalor social problemsassociated with adolescence
- noun by extension
difficultiesthat arise in the early stages of any project
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun pain in muscles or joints sometimes experienced by children and often attributed to rapid growth
- noun problems that arise in enlarging an enterprise (especially in the early stages)
- noun emotional distress arising during adolescence
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.