from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mixture of gum and resin that exudes from some plants or trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mixture of gum and resin secreted by a plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the milky juice of a plant solidified by exposure to air; one of certain inspissated saps, mixtures of, or having properties of, gum and resin; a resin containing more or less mucilaginous and gummy matter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vegetable secretion formed of resin mixed with more or less gum or mucilage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mixture of resin and gum
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The parched wilga caught and the gum resin at its tender heart exploded outward.