from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. The handle of a gun.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. The handle of a handgun.
  • n. The rear part of a rifle or shotgun which is pressed into the shoulder.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. The stock or wood to which the barrel of a hand gun is fastened.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. The stock or wooden support in which the barrel of a gun is fixed.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. the handle of a handgun or the butt end of a rifle or shotgun or part of the support of a machine gun or artillery gun


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.