from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The relationship existing between persons having only one parent in common.
- n. A person existing in such a relationship.
- n. Offensive A person of mixed racial descent, especially a person of Native American and white parentage.
- n. A half-blooded domestic animal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person shares one parent with another; a half-sibling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. relationship through only one parent.
- The relation between persons born of the same father or of the same mother, but not of both. See blood, n., 2 and 4.
- A person so related to another.
- A person whose father and mother are of different races; a half-breed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The relation between persons born of the same father or mother, but not of the same father and mother: as, a brother or sister of the half-blood.
- n. One of two or more persons so related.
- n. One born of a male and female of different breeds or races; a half-breed.
- Having descent from one of the same parents as another, but not from both.
- Belonging by blood half to one breed or race, and half to another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of siblings who have only one parent in common
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.