from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Geology The mass of rock overlying a mineral deposit in a mine.
- n. Geology The overlying block of a fault having an inclined fault plane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The section of rock that extends above a diagonal fault line (the corresponding lower section being the footwall).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the upper wall of inclined vein, or that which hangs over the miner's head when working in the vein.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the upper wall of an inclined fault
Sorry, no etymologies found.