from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small monkey (Presbytis entellus) of southern Asia, having bristly hairs on the crown and the sides of the face.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The entellus (Presbytis entellus)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See hoonoomaun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Hindu mythology, the name of a fabulous monkey-god, the friend and ally of Rāma in the Rāmāyana, a noted Sanskrit epic poem recounting the adventures of Rāma.
- n. Hence [lowercase] In zoology, same as entellus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. in Hinduism, the monkey god and helper of Rama; god of devotion and courage
- n. langur of southern Asia; regarded as sacred in India
why do hindu gods have animal attributes and does this reflect tribal Animism. the gods almost always have animals around them or are partly animals such as hanuman and the elephant god ganish
Palki of Shree Daya Sagar Hanuman Mandir photographerno1 poetry rafaees shahi snan shiasm shree daya sagar hanuman mandir sword rafaee transgenders delicioud
Filed under: Firoze Shakir Bollywoods Most Wanted, shree daya sagar hanuman mandir
Filed under: Shree Daya Sagar Hanuman Mandir Bazar Road Bandra, bandra bazar road, hope and hindutva, shree dayasagar hanuman mandir
Filed under: Shree Daya Sagar Hanuman Mandir Bazar Road Bandra, bandra bazar road, hope and hindutva, shree daya sagar hanuman mandir
June 17, 2008 mega star with his family members went to hanuman temple in jublie hills this morning to do special pooja. as tuesday in very special day to do pooja to hanuman, chiru has done this today. on his interview, he said that lord hanuman has played a lot of role in his life and defintely help him in furture.
This piece of folk-lore has evidently reached Ceylon from India, where it is believed that persons dwelling on the spot where a hanuman monkey,
"Firstly, the public toilet which was on the footpath was demolished, slum dwellers were forced to relocate, now this bus stop and in the future, hanuman temple might come on the list as well," said Bhosle.
The hanuman temple is located near the watchtower at the Sariska national park, 11 kms from the entrance to the park.
There are hundreds of monkeys and langurs running about the hanuman temple premises.