from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Cornmeal mush served with maple syrup, brown sugar, or other sweetening.
- noun Chiefly British A mush made with flour or oatmeal.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A thick batter or pudding made of milk and flour boiled quickly together; also, oatmeal and water boiled together; porridge.
- noun Specifically, in the United States, a batter made of Indian meal stirred into boiling water, boiled till thick enough to be palatable, and eaten with milk, or sometimes with butter or syrup; mush.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- United States A thick batter pudding made of Indian meal stirred into boiling water; mush.
- engraving A batter or pudding made of flour or oatmeal, stirred into boiling water or milk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a simple
puddingor porridgeof grainscooked in milk or water
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun cornmeal mush served with sweetening (maple syrup or brown sugar)
- noun sweetened porridge made of tapioca or flour or oatmeal cooked quickly in milk or water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.