from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A man hired to commit murder.
- noun One assigned to carry out a ruthless task or a vicious or unscrupulous order.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who wields a hatchet, in any kind of work.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A person hired to murder or physically attack another; a hit man.
- noun A person who deliberately tries to ruin the reputation of another, often unscrupulously, by slander or other malicious communication, often with a political motive, and sometimes for pay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
- noun colloquial, idiomatic Someone who carries out
brutaland unpleasantduties on behalf of another, such as firing dead wood employees.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a professional killer
- noun one whose job it is to execute unpleasant tasks for a superior
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.