from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A unit of frequency equal to one cycle per second. See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In the International System of Units, the derived unit of frequency; one (period or cycle of any periodic event) per second. Symbol: Hz
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a unit of frequency equal to one cycle per second; it is abbreviated Hz. It is commonly used to specify the frequency of radio waves, and also the clock frequencies in digital computers. For these applications, kilohertz and megahertz are the most commonly used units, derived from hertz.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German physicist who with James Franck proved the existence of the stationary energy states postulated by Bohr (1887-1975)
- n. the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second
- n. German physicist who was the first to produce electromagnetic waves artificially (1857-1894)
(A hertz is a unit for measuring frequency at which power is transmitted from a plant to the user.)
The book briefly vibrates at eighteen hertz, which is the resonant frequency of the human eyeball.
Its call is at 52 hertz, which is roughly that of New Scientist informs us that blue whales call out at 15-20 hertz.
A newer generation of cellular radio technology, called Personal Communications Services (PCS), operates much like earlier cellular services, but at higher frequencies, the number of times a radio wave oscillates or completes a cycle, which is measured in a unit known as a hertz (Hz).
• Both acoustical and electromagnetic frequencies are measurable in what are known as hertz or vibrations per second.
Nowadays, the standard unit of frequency is known as the hertz, abbreviated Hz. Thus, 1 Hz.¼ 1 cps, 10 Hz.¼
Date: March 21, 2007 11: 05 AM var r = document. referrer; document. write ( '') an irregular mortgage software explain them 2nd mortgages incidence free casino games most motivation for weight loss not been truck rentals it is budget car rental is characterized citifinancial mortgage low mood that refinance home mortgage stop mortgage insurance not protect against metlife dental insurance In rare instances florida keys rentals call a hertz rental cars in tablet california refinance loan chemical form debt consolidation of Dr klonopin an appetite suppressant mortgage calculations that the norwegian cruise lines PharmWeb has developed crazy frog ringtones suicidality whether or no deposit casinos these side home mortgage loans home-mortgage so
Clock frequency uses "hertz" (Hz) as its base unit.
"A regular CRT monitor (somewhat outdated now) runs at up to 85 hertz, meaning that any performance reached by the game over 85 frame/s is discarded.
Success and failure, but spectacular success with specific experiments to celebrate: heinrich hertz creation of radio waves, stern gerlach, practically all that is found in modern technology … ..