from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bar graph of a frequency distribution in which the widths of the bars are proportional to the classes into which the variable has been divided and the heights of the bars are proportional to the class frequencies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A graphical display of numerical data in the form of upright bars, with the area of each bar representing frequency.
- v. To represent (data) as a histogram.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A diagram of structural form-elements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bar chart representing a frequency distribution; heights of the bars represent observed frequencies
A binomial distribution is displayed graphically as a sort of bar graph called a histogram the dogs are lined up in a way that is reminiscent of a histogram.
The histogram is a bar chart that shows the distribution of tones in an image.
Another indicator is the probability histogram, which is spiky because of the relatively small number of states in play based on polling data.
Today, I will expand the idea of histogram and its utilization.
· 620604 - Description of "histogram" procedure is slightly inaccurate
One shot solution 11 Improving the working of "problem causing entities" Solving critical problems ranked as per any one of the basic quality control tools, such as histogram, check sheet, control chart, cause-and-effect diagram, flowchart, Pareto analysis and scatter diagram.
Histogram equalization (also referred to as histogram leveling
Levels Adjust | first part of the tutorials]] showed how to interpret a '' 'histogram' '', and how to use the '' 'levels' '' tool.
The word "histogram" was] introduced by the writer in his lectures on statistics as a term for a common form of graphical representation, i.e., by columns marking as areas the frequency corresponding to the range of their base.
He would ask both mutitple choice and free-form questions, and the software would allow him to put up a histogram of the answers with a click of a button.