from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An area in which there is dangerous unrest or hostile action.
- noun Informal A lively and popular place, such as a nightclub.
- noun An area of intense heat, radiation, or activity.
- noun A public area where a short-range wireless transmitter provides high-speed access to the Internet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
dangerousplace of violent political unrest
- noun A
livelyand entertainingplace, such as a nightclub
- noun An area of
- noun computing A part of an application that consumes a significant amount of execution time
- noun computing, graphical user interface Part of a
controlthat responds dynamically as the user moves the pointerover it, as for example in an image map.
- noun genetics The region of a
genein which there is higher than normal rateof mutation
- noun networking A location in which
WiFi Internetaccess is available
- noun planetology, geology The
surface manifestationof a plumethat rises from deep in the celestial body’s mantle
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a place of political unrest and potential violence
- noun a lively entertainment spot
- noun a point of relatively intense heat or radiation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.