from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disease of unknown origin or cause.
- n. A primary disease arising spontaneously with no apparent external cause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something idiopathic; a disease having no known cause.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A peculiar, or individual, characteristic or affection.
- n. A morbid state or condition not preceded or occasioned by any other disease; a primary disease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, an idiopathic character of disease; a morbid state or condition not preceded and occasioned by any other disease.
- n. An individual or personal state of feeling; a mental condition peculiar to one's self.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any disease arising from internal dysfunctions of unknown cause
And I think a problem in our country today is apathy and idiopathy.
Not coincidence ... more like idiopathy happens by James Strait on Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 10: 04: 15 PM