from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing a progressively larger lighted surface; waxing: the increscent moon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A crescent oriented with horns turned to dexter (pointing left).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Increasing; growing; augmenting; swelling; enlarging.
- adj. Increasing; on the increase; -- said of the moon represented as the new moon, with the points turned toward the dexter side.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Increasing; growing; augmenting; swelling: specifically applied to the moon.
For I assure you that the horror I then conceived for those pale botanical specimens in their pestiferous and increscent abundance, exceeded what words can describe.