from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that induces, especially a substance that is capable of activating transcription from specific genes within a cell.
- n. A part or structure in an embryo that influences the differentiation of another part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who induces
- n. a molecule that starts gene expression
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, induces or incites.
- n. A substance which, when it contacts a living cell, causes the activation of a gene.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which induces, persuades, or influences.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who tries to persuade or induce or lead on
- n. an agent capable of activating specific genes
With a Spark text component you have to run your HTML text through a multi-dimensional phase-inducer which is handily provided through spark. utils.
Why the FDA keeps that dangerous substance on the market, yet the Quaalude, the delicious euphoria inducer, that innocently made you have sex with the first person who entered the room, or a tree, was banned for good.
Paul, joblessness isn't the stress-inducer it is elsewhere: At 7%, the unemployment rate is well below the 9.6% national average.
Maybe not a childhood wrecker, but certainly a potential nightmare-inducer for younger kids.
They began to ransack Autobot Headquarters, inflicting major damage to Teletraan I. Wheeljack managed to subdue the Dinobots with his shoulder-mounted magnetic inducer.
The temptation to be constantly available and functional as a home-bound worker -- always a few steps away from more work to be done -- is a sure-fire stress inducer.
Dr. Winters also told me about how there was lots of talk about sugar overload: corn syrup and the carbohydrate-dense foods that turn to sugar in our body by increasing IGF Insulin Growth Factor, which is a tumor inducer.
This is really a Muslim man wearing some high-tech image inducer to make him look like a white woman.
To fill you in if you are not from The City, part of the stress inducer -- in addition to a population with MANY high-achievingÂand over-functioning parental units --Âis our complicated system of school placement.
To fill you in if you are not from The City, part of the stress inducer -- in addition to a population with MANY high-achievingand over-functioning parental units --is our complicated system of school placement.