from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of, relating to, or involving ingress.
- adjective Grammar Inchoative.
- adjective Linguistics Of or being a speech sound produced with an inhalation of breath.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Entering; denoting entering on or beginning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective going or directed
- adjective open to entry or examination
- adjective phonetics, of a speech sound Uttered by drawing
airinward through the mouthor nose.
- adjective geology descriptive of a
sourceor channelthrough which water enters or once entered an area.
- noun phonetics A
speechsound in which the air stream is created by drawing air in through the mouthor nose.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.