from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device, such as a respirator or inhaler, by which a gas, vapor, or air is drawn in.
- n. One who inspires or motivates others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inspirer, one that inspires
- n. An inhaler, one that inhales
- n. A kind of injector for forcing water by steam.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of injector for forcing water by steam. See injector, n., 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In a steam-engine, a double injector, or two combined injectors coöperating, the one raising the water from the pump-chambers or reservoirs and delivering it to the other, which forces it into the boiler.
- n. An apparatus for inhaling or drawing in air, gas, or vapor.
He's done more for rock than any other soul, and will always be heralded as a pioneer, and inspirator to countless.
Gore is NOT the one to stop climate crisis; he is the motivator, inspirator, and important leader.
Hi I chanced upon your blog while blog hopping and finds yours a great inspirator.
Former Crip Calvin Broadus, better known to the world as rapper Snoop Dogg, is most especially in favor of keeping Mr. Williams alive because, Stanley 'Tookie' Williams is not just a regular old guy, he's an inspirator sic.
Nothing personal against the artist, but you have to question the inspirator it looks pretty demonic.
OLMERT: I think that very little, because I think that, to this minute, we didn't hear one word by Arafat, who is the inspirator, who is the guy in control of the Palestinians, saying publicly to the Palestinians: Stop shooting, stop shooting.
In the camp of the lumber-jacks and of the Indian rangers he was regarded as the pride of the mess and the inspirator of the tent.
Others have an injector, or inspirator, and some have both cross head pump and injector.
Murdock seems to have been the chief local inspirator of the mill at Salisbury; before the factory was built he had established a building and loan association.
In mechanics, Hancock, with his inspirator, McCoy with his lubricator and a host of other, divided honors with their brothers of the fairer skin in the most wonderful age of mechanical development the world has ever known.