from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of moth, the io moth.
- interj. An exclamation of joy or triumph.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A Latin interjection, or exclamation of joy or triumph: sometimes used as a noun in English.
- n. In mythology, a daughter of Inachus, metamorphosed into a heifer and caused to be tormented by a terrible gadfly by Hera, in jealous revenge for the favors of Zeus. See Argus, 1.
- n. The innermost of the four satellites of Jupiter.
- n. In entomology: A genus of vanessoid butterflies.
- n. [lowercase] The peacock butterfly, Vanessa io: used both as the technical specific name and as an English word.
- n. [lowercase] A showy and beautiful moth of North America, Hyperchiria io, or Saturnia io, of yellow coloration, with prominent pink and bluish eyes on the hinder wings.
- n. An abbreviation of Iowa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the closest of Jupiter's moons; has active volcanoes
- n. (Greek mythology) a maiden seduced by Zeus; when Hera was about to discover them together Zeus turned her into a white heifer
(U) Tacitus tells us, that the power of Urgulania was io great, that fhe difdained to ap - pear as a witnefs in a certain caufe before the fenate » fo that a praetor was fent to examine her at her own houfe, though it had been always ufual, even io» ithe Veftal virgins, to attend the forum, and courts of juftice, whenever their evidence was required* to to Taniib of \tk\i.
With a brafs qua - drant of three feet radius, by one meridian altitude of the fun's upper limb, all neceflary aquations and deductions confidered, I determined the latitude of the place of obfer - vation to be 10° 59 1 1 "; and by another obfervation of the fame kind made on the 6th, io° 5 9 »*J afte r which b 7 a medium of thirty-three obfervations of liars, the largeft and neareft, the firft vertical, I found the latitude to be io 59 '10";
Drop. io is taking on the likes of WebEx, GoToMeeting and all the other webinar/web conference/meeting apps out there with presentation. io, a service that lets you upload, describe, and manipulate files for anyone with a browser.
Fusion-io is not the only company trying to take advantage of Flash.
Web site Speed. io is a web-based speed-testing tool for measuring your upload and download bandwidth.
Mirèio is a half-opened rose, still all shining from the rosy light of dawn.
It is widely believed that today's exclamation point comes from the Latin word io ` joy ', with the one letter placed above the other.)
An English Version (the Original Crowned by the French Academy) of Frédéric Mistral's Mirèio from the Original Provencal/translated by C. H.
9: 00AM Adam Pash | Web site Speed. io is a web-based speed-testing tool for measuring your upload and download bandwidth.
Windows: drop. io is a quick way to share up to 100 MB in files, but it’s easy to forget about.