from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long, narrow padded board, often with collapsible supporting legs, used as a working surface for ironing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long board, often covered with fabric and having on legs that are usually collapsible, on which one can iron clothes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a flat board, upon which clothes are laid while being ironed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A smooth board covered with cloth, on which to iron clothing, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. narrow padded board on collapsible supports; used for ironing clothes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.