from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A long, narrow padded board, often with collapsible supporting legs, used as a working surface for ironing.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A smooth board covered with cloth, on which to iron clothing, etc.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A long board, often covered with fabric and having on legs that are usually collapsible, on which one can iron clothes.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun narrow padded board on collapsible supports; used for ironing clothes


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.