from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strenuous dance performed to quick-tempo swing or jazz music and consisting of various two-step patterns embellished with twirls and sometimes acrobatic maneuvers.
- n. One who performs this dance.
- intransitive v. To perform this dance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A nervous or jittery person.
- n. A jazz musician or aficionado.
- n. An uptempo jazz or swing dance which embellishes on the two-step pattern and frequently incorporates acrobatic style swing steps.
- v. To dance the jitterbug.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a fast and vigorous American dance that was popular in the 1940s, having few standardized steps and personalized with various twirls, twists, and acrobatic moves; it was performed often to the accompaniment of swing or boogie-woogie tunes.
- intransitive v. to do the jitterbug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a jerky American dance that was popular in the 1940s
- v. do the jitterbug
Yes | No | Report from peter wrote 1 year 3 weeks ago try fishing near docks and structures. the jitterbug is a great bass lure especially at dusk and the trout magnet workes great for bass as well as trout, and carpie
With the jitterbug is a slow steady retrieve the best or is it best to pop it across the top?
When it crossed over to white audiences, swing's dances were all lumped together by the media under the name "jitterbug".
Yes | No | Report from jmcctheboss23 wrote 33 weeks 6 days ago jitterbug is my all time favorite lure and as far as bait goes id have to say leeches
The Arbogast black jitterbug is my favorite lure of all time.
The best way to work a jitterbug is to tie one to 12 -14 test mono so you get a good float then slow reel till you hear the gurgle of the side spoons.
Yes | No | Report from jmcctheboss23 wrote 45 weeks 5 days ago jitterbug is byfar my favorite lure of all time i have caught so many fish on this lure it isn't even funny
The jitterbug is a cell phone that is geared for the older person.
"jitterbug" type of back who is as elusive as any runner in the country.
Fortunately, Abner Golightly chose this opportunity to pull me into a lively dance he called the “Tennessee Tornado,” which was a cross between the jitterbug and the watusi.