from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To record in a journal.
- intransitive v. To keep a personal or financial journal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To record in a journal
- v. To keep a journal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To enter or record in a journal or diary.
- intransitive v. to conduct or contribute to a public journal; to follow the profession of a journalist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To enter or record in a journal.
- Specifically In double-entry bookkeeping, to systematize and enter in the journal, preparatory to posting to the ledger.
- To keep or make entries in a journal; make a daily record of events or observations.
- To take part in the preparation of a public journal: as, he is engaged in journalizing. Also spelled journalise.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In 11gR2, this feature has now appeared and is delivered through the use of ODI "journalize" knowledge modules, fully integrated into the OWB module definition UI (though will you need to license ODI to use this feature?)
Journalists don't "journalize," they just report, that is, jot down stenographically everything and anything unchallenged.
The purpose of this blog is to journalize my experience as a Peace Corps volunteer to help increase awareness of Peace Corps work, and to allow others to engage in my journey as I carry out my duties.
"Trust me because I mask my true feelings about the matter" is not an inherently better way to journalize or gain cred.
I should be wanting in common justice were I to omit here to journalize the steady attention to order, and the great exertion and bravery of all my officers, seamen and marines, in this action, many of whom I had sufficiently tried before, on a similar occasion, and all their names are recorded in the muster-roll I sent to the Secretary of the Navy, dated the nineteenth of December last, signed by myself.
After dinner, I lay down on the couch, with the Dial in my hand as a soporific, and had a short nap; then began to journalize.
I have not the heart to journalize tonight, everything seems so sad and strange.
I feel singularly indolent, and indisposed to journalize this evening.
Students will be taught to journalize, post and take a trial balance, to keep a purchases book, sales book, and a cash book.
Students will master the principles of accounts, will learn to journalize, post and take a trial balance.