from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The sense that detects bodily position, weight, or movement of the muscles, tendons, and joints.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sensation or perception of motion.
- n. proprioception or static position sense; the perception of the position and posture of the body; also, more broadly, including the motion of the body as well.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See kinaesthesia, kinaesthesis, and kinaesthetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See kinæsthesia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the ability to feel movements of the limbs and body
- n. the perception of body position and movement and muscular tensions etc
I get how sensory-motor amnesia affect kinesthesia and movement, but fatigue seems like another level.
My primary sense is kinesthesia; I can remember what it felt like to move around in places where I used to live much better than what they looked like.
There's a very much better vocabulary for sight, and a much better one for hearing, than for either kinesthesia or touch.
You can also find original templates here kinesthesia November 26, 2007 12:13 PM # | Delete
This post has been removed by the author. kinesthesia November 26, 2007 12:09 PM # | Delete
My strongest "visualization" is a combination of touch and kinesthesia/other internal feelings.
Because when I wasn't in kinesthesia, the machine kept my body totally inert and zapped my brain with four millennia's worth of military facts and theories.
Cybernetically-controlled negative feedback kinesthesia; I felt the weapons in my hands and watched my performance with them.
For those moments he was without any senses but sight, hearing, a dim touch and kinesthesia, a jab of pain through what remained of his tissues.
 The relation of our kinesthesia or muscular sense to fanaticism on the one hand and freedom of mind on the other is a matter now beginning to be studied with the promise of highly important results.