from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long, thin, pointed rod used in pairs to knit yarn into cloth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long, thin, pointed rod, used in pairs to knit yarn
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a stiff rod, as of steel wire, with rounded ends for knitting yarn or threads into a fabric, as in stockings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument used for knitting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. needle consisting of a slender rod with pointed ends; usually used in pairs
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.