from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun a chemical substance that causes tears to flow; same as lachrymator.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun Alternative spelling of lachrymator.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a gas that makes the eyes fill with tears but does not damage them; used in dispersing crowds


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • something that causes tears

    December 14, 2006