from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 175 pounds (78.7 kilograms), between super middleweight and cruiserweight.
- n. A boxer competing in this weight division.
- n. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
- n. A contestant in this weight division.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 179 pounds
- n. a wrestler who weighs 192-214 pounds
- n. a professional boxer who weighs between 169 and 175 pounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Randy Couture had held the UFC light heavyweight title since he beat me in 2003.
Now, in the decade or so that I’d known Daly, I’d only seen him excited on two occasions: when I won the election, and the night that he and I watched as Hearns defeated Virgil Hill for the WBA light heavyweight championship title.